Steps for proper
- Establish a straight line lengthwise through the lawn area.
- Lay the sod on either side of the line with ends staggered, similar to laying bricks.
- Use a rake to keep the soil level as you plant.
- When laying the sod, kneel on a piece of plywood so that you do not crush the sod or make impressions
in the soil.
- A sharpened masonry trowel or carpet knife is handy for cutting pieces, forcing the sod tight, and
leveling small depressions.
- After the sod is laid roll it immediately with a lawn roller and keep it moist until well rooted
(about 10 - 14 days).