When ants invade your home, take immediate action
- Sponge invaders with soapy water as soon as you see them.
- Plug up entryways with caulk or petroleum jelly.
- Clean up food sources such as spills, pet food,
- Rely on baits to control the
- Follow ant trails to find nests; ants are tiny and trails
are hard to spot.
- Nests are frequently located outdoors under stones or
logs but may also be indoors in wall or cabinet voids.
- Slow-acting formulations of liquid materials such as
permethrin, sodium borate, or boric acid can be applied
as a drench directly to ant nests outside.
Follow good sanitation practices in the home
such as removing garbage, picking up pet food, keeping
counters clean, and storing food in containers