Integrated Pest Management · Agriculture and Natural Resources
University of California
Retail Nursery & Garden Center IPM News
Retail nursery and garden centers are among the top sources of pest management information for home gardeners. To help provide customers with the latest pest information from the University of California, the UC Statewide IPM Program created the Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News, a three times yearly e-newsletter for retail nursery and garden center employees, managers, owners, and affiliates.
Please e-mail us if you have questions or feedback, or if you have special topics you'd like us to cover in future issues.
Sign up to receive this newsletter electronically.
- Zika, Mosquitoes, and Repellents
- Coyotes in California’s Urban Areas
- Downy Mildew on Ice Plants
- Updated Resources: Lyme Disease in California and Asian Citrus Psyllid & Huanglongbing Disease
- Help Slow the Spread of Asian Citrus Psyllid in California
- Retailers Receive IPM Training in 2016
- JUST RELEASED: Pests of Landscape Trees and Shrubs · NEW 3rd Edition
- New and Updated Resources: Mealybugs and Weed Management in Lawns
- Tree or Ground Squirrel: What's the Difference? (Part 1) (Part 2)
- Revised Pest Notes
- NEW: Seasonal Landscape IPM Checklist
- Scotch Broom Gall Mite: A New Partner in Broom Management for California
- Preventing Lawn Insects
- Dealing with Pantry Pests
- IPM Pest and Weed Wheels Available for Purchase
- Updated Resources: Flies and Skunks
- Asian Citrus Psyllid is Spreading in California
- Don’t Grow Crazy — An Update on California’s PlantRight Program
- Controlling Rats and Mice
- New and Updated Resources: Biological Control Pest Note and Plant Disease Index
- Excluding Seasonal Nuisance Pests from Structures
- Avoid Pruning Apricots and Cherries during the Cool Season
- Excluding Migratory Birds from Buildings
- Dormant Sprays for Peach Leaf Curl
- New Resources: Scales and Lawn Insects
- Leaffooted Bugs: An Increasing Problem
- Biological Control for Fungus Gnats
- Understanding Neem-based Pesticides
- Check Out UCIPM’s New Blog! Pests in the Urban Landscape
- Just for Stores: Asian Citrus Psyllid Info
- What’s the Problem with Neonicotinoids?
- Oils: Important Garden Pesticides
- Tell Your Customers about Mulch
- New Resources: Bagrada Bug and Myoporum Thrips
- Bad News about Impatiens
- Two New Stink Bugs in California
- “Deer-Resistant” Plants — Truth or Fiction?
- Using Traps and Barriers for Insects and Other Pests
- Mosquito Management for Ponds, Fountains, and Water Gardens
- Keep Asian Citrus Psyllid Out of Your Store
- What Can Gardeners Do To Help Honey Bees?
- Spring Treatments for Fruit Tree Insects (Part 1) (Part 2)
- New Snail and Slug Ingredient Now Available in California
- Wet Weather Increases Outbreaks of Fire Blight in Apple and Pear Trees
- New Resources: Pest Notes on Goldspotted Oak Borer and Poison Hemlock
- Brown Widows get foothold in Southern California
- The Bagrada Bug: What are those bugs in the Alyssum?
- Bed Bug monitors: Tests of 5 consumer models
- IPM Advocates: Consultants for retail stores
- Fall is for Fertilizing
- IPM Workshop for Retail Stores Set for Oct. 30
- Termites Are Flying
- Tiny Thrips Can Cause Unsightly Damage
- Tools for Removing Dandelions and Other Weeds
- New Pest Notes from UC IPM!
- Invasive Plants Sold in California
- Getting the Best Results with Yellowjacket Traps
- User-friendly Weed Identification Tool
- Managing Powdery Mildew on Ornamentals
- Asian Citrus Psyllid Update
- Mushrooms and Other Nuisance Fungi in Lawns
- Preliminary Report on Iron HEDTA: A Natural Selective Herbicide
- National Pesticide Information Center: A Good Source of Pesticide Information for Your Customers
- It's Time to Spray for Peach Leaf Curl
- Natural Herbicides: Are They Effective?
- IPM Workshop Held, Another Planned (Jan. 17, 2012)
- Help! How Do I Manage Ants in my House?
- UC IPM Workshop (November 2, 2011)
- UC Davis Arboretum All-Stars
- Don't Let Pests Invade Your Nursery!
- Rodenticide Products Are Changing
- It's Aphid Season!
- Lady Beetle Releases for Aphid Control: How to Help Them Work
- New Tools: Liquid Ant Bait Dispensers
- Plants that Attract Beneficial Insects
- Store Survey Provides Direction for UC IPM
- Biological Insecticide for Codling Moth
- Spotted Wing Drosophila
- Online Education Programs for Store Employees
- Trapping to Manage Pocket Gophers
PDF: To display a PDF document, you may need to use a PDF reader.