How to Manage Pests
UC Guide to Healthy Lawns
Planting and management tips for dichondra
- Mow or leave unmowed.
- If mowed, mow at 0.5 - 0.75 inches.
- Fertilize using 4 lbs. nitrogen/1000 sq. ft. per year during the period
of active growth (April - October).
- Limit fertilization during high temperature summer months.
- Establish lawn from seed or plugs.
- If seeding, seed at 1 lb./1000 sq. ft.
- Water deep and infrequently to maintain dichondra's deep root system.
- Watering too frequently causes weed invasions or disease activity.
For more information, see the following sections: