Determine how much of your lawn is
affected for any type of problem
- Divide up your lawn into sections.
- Walk diagonally across each section, counting how many steps
- With each step, check to see if your foot touches a problem
area, such as a weed or a bare spot, and tally it.
- For each section, divide the number of times you foot touched
a problem area by the total number of steps you took.
- Average the numbers from all of the sections together.
- If more than 40% of your lawn is affected, consider a complete
- Overseed or patch isolated
problems as needed.
on the image for a sample calculation.