basic types of lawn mowers
to look for in a mower
mower safety tips
- Refer to the instruction manual for information on use and care.
- Never leave a running mower unattended.
- Keep children and pets away from mowing operations.
- Remove all objects (rocks, sticks, etc.) from the path of the mower.
- Keep hands and feet clear of mowing parts.
- Work across slopes, not up and down.
- Don't pull a rotary mower backward unless absolutely necessary to
maneuver the mower out of a tight spot.
- Stop the motor or engine or disengage the cutting blade when moving
the mower across a driveway, walk, or unmowed area.
- Stop the engine or motor before you clean or adjust the mower.
- Remove the sparkplug wire on gasoline models and disconnect the power
on electrical models before working on the mower.
- Keep gasoline only in specialized safety cans.