How to Manage Pests
Active ingredient: Fluroxypyr
Pesticide type: herbicide
See example products below.
Potential Hazard1 to
||People and Other Mammals
Toxicity to People and Other Mammals4
- Toxicity rating: Slightly Toxic
Toxicity to People and Other Mammals5
- On US EPA list: Not listed;
- On CA Proposition 65 list: Not listed
- Absorbed runoff toxicity risk to fish rating: Very Low
- Solution runoff toxicity risk to fish rating: Low
- Source: UC IPM WaterTox Database (originally NRCS Pesticide Properties Database)
Impact on Natural
- Overall toxicity rating: No information
Impact on Honey Bees3
- Toxicity category: No information
Pests for which it is mentioned in Pest Notes
Currently, fluroxypyr appears to not be referenced within any UC Pest Note.
Precautions and Safety Equipment
Minimize your exposure to pesticides. Avoid
contact with eyes. Wear eye protection, long pants, a
long-sleeved shirt, and a hat that can be washed after each
use. Always read label of individual product for additional
Always check the label before purchasing or applying a pesticide
product for a specific pest on a specific plant to be sure it can
be applied. Follow label directions precisely.
WARNING ON THE USE OF CHEMICALS
Example home, garden or landscape use products6
No example products containing fluroxypyr can be listed at this time.
Top of page