How to Manage Pests
Active ingredient: Tribasic copper sulfate
Pesticide type: fungicide
Synonym: copper sulfate
See example products below.
Potential Hazard1 to
||People and Other Mammals
Toxicity to People and Other Mammals4
- Toxicity rating: Moderately Toxic
Toxicity to People and Other Mammals5
- On US EPA list: Not listed;
- On CA Proposition 65 list: Not listed
- Overall runoff risk rating: Very High
- Source: Pesticide Choice: Best Management Practice for Protecting Surface Water Quality in Agriculture. UC ANR Publication 8161.
Impact on Natural
- Overall toxicity rating: No information
Impact on Honey Bees3
- Toxicity category: IV - Apply at any time with reasonable safety to bees
Pests for which it is mentioned in Pest Notes
Currently, tribasic copper sulfate appears to not be referenced within any UC Pest Note.
Must be applied as a protectant before the fungi arrive and begin the infection. May be used as dormant sprays or in the spring. Do not mix fixed coppers with other pesticides as plant injury can result.
Precautions and Safety Equipment
Minimize your exposure to pesticides. Avoid
contact with eyes. Wear eye protection, long pants, a
long-sleeved shirt, and a hat that can be washed after each
use. Always read label of individual product for additional
Always check the label before purchasing or applying a pesticide
product for a specific pest on a specific plant to be sure it can
be applied. Follow label directions precisely.
WARNING ON THE USE OF CHEMICALS
Example home, garden or landscape use products6
No example products containing tribasic copper sulfate can be listed at this time.
Top of page