How to Manage Pests
Active ingredient: Chlorothalonil
Pesticide type: fungicide
See example products below.
Potential Hazard1 to
||People and Other Mammals
Toxicity to People and Other Mammals4
- Toxicity rating: Not Acutely Toxic
- Notes: Can cause severe eye and skin irritation.
Toxicity to People and Other Mammals5
- On US EPA list: Listed;
- On CA Proposition 65 list: Listed
- Notes: EPA: Likely to be carcinogenic to humans
- Overall runoff risk rating: High
- Source: Pesticide Choice: Best Management Practice for Protecting Surface Water Quality in Agriculture. UC ANR Publication 8161.
Impact on Natural
- Overall toxicity rating: Low
Impact on Honey Bees3
- Toxicity category: II - Apply only during late evening
Pests for which it is mentioned in Pest Notes
Peach Leaf Curl •
Roses in the Garden and Landscape: Diseases and Abiotic Disorders •
Chlorothalonil is a protectant fungicide. It must be applied before infection occurs. It is best applied as a foliar treatment. It has no systemic activity, so good coverage is important.
Precautions and Safety Equipment
Minimize your exposure to pesticides. Avoid
contact with eyes. Wear eye protection, long pants, a
long-sleeved shirt, and a hat that can be washed after each
use. Always read label of individual product for additional
Always check the label before purchasing or applying a pesticide
product for a specific pest on a specific plant to be sure it can
be applied. Follow label directions precisely.
WARNING ON THE USE OF CHEMICALS
Example home, garden or landscape use products6
Fung-onil Multi-purpose Fungicide Concentrate •
Fung-onil Multi-purpose Fungicide Ready-to-Use •
Garden Tech Daconil Fungicide Concentrate •
Gardentech Daconil Fungicide Ready to Use •
Ortho Garden Disease Control Concentrate
Top of page